Wage rise

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm
Hi, I have been advised that due to increased duties I will receive a salary increase. This is going to be back dated to September so my next wage will be larger than a normal month due to the back dated rise.
My question is this as the next wage is going to be disproportionate to the normal figure there after with the increase do I treat this larger one as 10/50/50 and advice IVA of increase next wage so increased payments can be calculated OR advice them now of the increase but until next payday I won't actually know the real nett figure OR leave it until the review in may next year?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm
How your IP will deal with this can only be answered by your IP. I had a similar scenario during my IVA with my first IP and they ignored the back pay totally and only took the increase into account at the following review.
Last edited by Foggy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

hubert

Post by hubert » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 pm
The exact same thing happened to me.

On the inflated pay packet I paid the 10/50/50 according to my previous "normal wage".

Then, the following month, the 10% threshold got adjusted as my new normal wage became apparent.

I was then advised I'd over paid a little bit and told I could just deduct it from my next extra payment.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:58 am
Every iva is different - only your ip can confirm how it will be handled in this situation although i would hope it will be done fairly
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 pm
Have heard back from IP. The initial backdated figure will be as bonus @ 10/50/50. Then adjustment made at next pay when figures are correct.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”