Please help. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do about demands to double monthly payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Tania.d

Post by Tania.d » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:34 pm
Please help. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. I have only 9 months left to complete my Iva. I've had exceptionally turbulent times of late. This latest issue with my Iva is tipping me over the edge.
At the beginning of my Iva, I earnt a high commission. I didn't fully user stand or realise I should have given 50 per cent to Iva. I desperTely needed that money at the time anyway, for a car for instance as mine had had it. Now they are demanding I find this money or they will double my monthly pay to them. I have completed a variation form but they seem to be sticking to their guns. I simply don't have enough money now to increase so drastically. I feel like saying, take the house, do whatever as I cannot cope with this pressure anymore. I simply don't hSve this extra money. What would happen now if I can't find this money? I pay £441 now. They want £899!!! And I have secured loan, mortgage and two teenage kids!! I am absolutely panic stricken. Many thsnks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:48 pm
Hopefully, rather than doubling the current payment, which is clearly unworkable, they might be persuaded to extend the IVA so that the arrears can be paid by extra payments tacked on at the end.

Who are you with ? At the end of the day the IP should put this alternative to the creditors as well -- it is not up to the IP to make the decision.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm
Hi, absolutely agree with Foggy, speak to your IP and they should propose another option to your creditors by varying the terms and hopefully extended your IVA to cover the additional costs.It IS NOT up to your IP to tell you what they will accept. However they are suppose to be experience enough to talk through the options and not just say what they have said. They maybe saying this based on past history but you can TELL them to propose the extension to your creditors. They might refuse but you have to try at least.
Over and out

Tania.d

Post by Tania.d » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 pm
Thank you for your response.

It is with grant Thornton and this proposal was including extending the Iva by a further 9 months.

We have always communicated with grant Thornton of any issues. We pay religiously every month.

As I can't find this extra money is a fail? So near and yet so far. I am completely devastated. We will lose everything now, our house surely?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:06 am
This will require a variation and I am sure GT can help. If you cannot afford to make up the entire shortfall then the IVA should be extended by a year at the affordable level. Creditors normally accept this.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”