PPI - PJG

7 posts Page 1 of 1

sam9948

Post by sam9948 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:55 pm
Hi All
Just so some of you are aware!
I had a PPI claim which PJG agreed to split 50/50. After sitting on the signed letter for the bank for 5 months this was finally sent and the amount paid to PJG about 6 weeks ago. However, since my case has transferred to Creditfix I have been chasing my half of the cash.
It would appear that this is never going to materialise - PJG should never have agreed to this split in the first place. I am very upset by this as I thought it would be nice to actually have a nice Christmas and to have a little put away for emergencies.
It also seems that I'm not the only one with this issue so if you think you are in the same position then you may want to talk to Creditfix.
For the PPI on loans that weren't even included in my IVA I think its a little mean to not even give some of it back, they were the ones that helped me get in the position I was in and helped caused the stress!

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:20 pm
Hi Sam9948

was the ppi on a debt in your iva, we had ppi refund on debt not included in iva and received the full 5K back from Freeman Jones.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:05 pm
Wiz, that differentiation does not apply to all IP's, and those that make it change tack too.

As things stand, bearing in mind there has been no challenge, so no precedent, all of the PPI is due as an asset of the arrangement. It matters not what loan it relates to or whether it was in the IVA or not.

As this saga has evolved various IP's have used various approaches, sometimes changing their approach mid-stream.

None are contractual or binding, other, arguably, than the "all due to the IVA" approach (until tested).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:10 pm
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you potentially won't be getting half of the money you had agreed by PJG, do you have this agreement in writing? If you have, have you forwarded it to CreditFix, I don't think it's fair the goalposts are changed when you had no say in who your IVA was being transferred to!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:42 pm
so if you do have a ppi claim, does it all go the creditors?
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:06 pm
Generally, yes, Struzzo. Some IP's will allow you to keep the interest element, net of costs, some will allow you to keep £500. Most want the lot.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sam9948

Post by sam9948 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:59 am
Lesley, sorry only just seen your reply.
I have got the agreement in writing but this didn't seem to matter to Creditfix. Very annoyed as when you think you have a little money coming to ease worries you get excited for it all to go belly up.
Now Creditfix seem to want to change my T&Cs to allow for the creditors to give me a portion of PPI claims. Make up your mind!!
I would rather the money stay in the pot now (£2.5k)if it means I am likely to close in March.
I am now about 75p per £ when it was only set at £45p per £ when I started. Is this likely to mean I will close? If anyone has any idae that would be great.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”