DFD advising if we do not sign variation we will probably not conclude when we should.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

maggiekate

Post by maggiekate » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm
My husband and I have an IVA with DFD due to finish in March 2015. We received paperwork at the begining of 2014 variation in terms and conditions. we read through the papers and declined. we have now received more paperwork advising us if we do not sign and agree we will probably not conclude when we should due to ppi payments not being received in time. my husband and I have never ever had ppi on loans or credit cards - so now we are totally confused any ideas

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:36 pm
I am assuming that this is a deed of assignment relating to PPI only ( do read it carefully).

If so, there is no harm in signing -- if, as you say, there is no PPI, then no harm done. If there is PPI it is theirs anyway.

I swore blind that I didn't have any PPI -- they found over £8,000 !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

maggiekate

Post by maggiekate » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 pm
My husband and I were self employed and dealing with finance and knew that self employed people could not have PPI because they would pay out if we had to make a claim. We checked our statements every month thoroughly so know 100% we had no PPI on credit cards or loans

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:39 pm
We had no issues signing ppi forms as we knew we had none. Your supervisor has a legal obligation to ensure creditors receive what they are entitled to. I said we had none but that had to go through the motions. Signing meant that we had completion certificates within a couple of months of making our final payment. That was more important to me than anything. There was no ppi so I saw no issues.

Til

Post by Til » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:57 pm
If this is asking you to sign up to the 2014 protocol then you have the choice to sign or not.

We were with DFD and chose not to sign up to the 2014 protocol.

In order to ensure our closure wasn't delayed, Judith Anderton and her team arranged for us to sign a Deed of Assignment that related purely to PPI and then called a variation meeting to get our creditors to agree to close the IVA (after all our payments had been made) and deal with PPI afterwards.

This was successful and we've since had our completion certificate.

So if it's a PPI deed of assignment you're being asked to sign by DFD I would personally say it worked out great for us.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 am
I would sign it and let them go through the motions of ppi even though you know there isn't any ... closure will happen sooner i am sure if signed
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm
Hi marie.pn,
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Evette
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”