I'm trying to clear up my credit but currently feel that this IVA is going to follow me forever

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Bex.06

Post by Bex.06 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 am
I completed my IVA in May 2014 and have recently checked my credit report and Equifax are still showing 6 outstanding defaults? The accounts were all included in the IVA and so should now be settled. I have tried to get them updated by writing to equinox and the credit companies but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Does anybody have any advice on how I can get this done? I'm trying to clear up my credit but currently feel that this IVA is going to follow me forever :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:29 am
The IVA will stay on file for 6 years from the start and the defaults should also be dated at or around that start date and will drop off as well, whether marked settled or not, Further info here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:37 am
I have also been trying to clean up my credit file to show the defaults as settled. On the credit report from experian, there was a page that showed all the contact details for the creditors listed on my credit file - these contact addresses were different to ones that i have on statements etc. I wrote to each one of those addresses, enclosed a copy of my completion certificate and wrote a letter requesting that these were updated within 28 days. All except one creditor has written back to me informing me that they have updated my records on all 3 agencies. I am now only struggling to get one creditor to update. Because I included in my letter the start and completion date of the IVA, the default dates were also automatically updated to the correct date. Although it is nice to see the word "settled" next to the defaults - it doesn't really make much difference as it will still take 6 years from the start of the IVA for them to disappear.
Good luck clearing up your files.
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”