Is IVA really over, or do i need a letter from the courts for confirmation ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

john c

Post by john c » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm
Full and final offer accepted and paid 3 weeks ago, i have a letter confirming the creditors acceptance of my offer from my IVA company and have been told to cancel the monthly payments..... Is it really over or do i need a letter from the courts for confirmation ?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:13 pm
You will have received a report of the meeting confirming everything is over. The IVA may take a little longer to complete but that is just paperwork for the IP.

Congratulations on being debt free.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 pm
You will get what we euphemistically refer to as a Certificate of completion in due course. This is, in reality, just a letter confirming that you have fully complied with the agreed terms of the IVA and that the Supervisor is discharged.

The IVA is still, technically, live until the CC is issued.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm
And within three months your name should disappear from the Insolvency Register ! (still waiting for mine to do this ....now 2 months and 2 weeks ! )

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:25 am
Yes its that easy ! Debt free and able to move forwards! The certificate is as foggy says purely a letter confirming all done with your case reference number on it....sometimes takes a few weeks to come through but you are safe to cancel your direct debit now !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 am
Hoping it won't take long for completion paperwork to arrive and then you really will be debt free. A great start for a new year looming. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”