i have a debt plan with another company, can i change to an IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Nigel.p

Post by Nigel.p » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:30 pm
i have a debt plan with another company can i change to an iva as i dont think this company is doing its best for my interests

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:56 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. You say a debt plan...do you mean a DMP, debt management? If so yes you can investigate the possibility of an IVA. however if already in an IVA then it's about impossible to swap companies.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:13 am
You can enter into a formal agreement with creditors if your informal arrangement of a debt management plan is not working for you. Speak to two or three insolvency firms to establish your best way forward before agreeing to one. Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:36 pm
The downside of DMP's, although a valuable tool in the fight against debt, is that you simply cannot give anyone an end date with any certainty, as creditors can still take further action, add interest etc.

Whilst an IVA has much more certainty built in, it doesn't follow that an IVA is the right way either as there is too little info in the original question to be able to comment further.

That said, if the conditions are right, and an IVA is appropriate, then it may well be the best road to take. Don't forget that Bankruptcy, or a Debt Relief Order, may be appropriate as well, so having an open mind as to the pros and cons of all solutions is a must I reckon.

Best to get 2 or 3 impartial opinions, as suggested, and then make your own mind up from there.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”