Can I ask for time in my IVA to be shortened as I have been awarded a large PPI payout ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Nikki.06

Post by Nikki.06 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 am
In total i owed �27,000 in debt an took IVA over 5 years. I have 20 months left to pay. I pay �310.00 each month. Ive just been awarded 10,986 in PPI. I feel cheated as strugglin an on file as IVA but really no debts written off. Can i ask for time to be shortened as large ppi payout, will i see any of the ppi? Have u any advice as i really could be doing with new stuff for my house

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:39 am
The ppi payment will all go towards providing your creditors with a larger than planned return unless it enables you to pay back 100% of the original debt plus ip fees - then you would get to retain the balance.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:51 am
Hi, as Luluj says, the PPI will increase your repayment.

Why feel cheated ? You might end up paying all of the debt -- but wasn't that what you intended to do when you borrowed the money ? Don't forget, that, in the 5 years you will have had to pay no interest, which in itself is a very large chunk of money saved.

And, at the end of the day the IVA will make you totally debt free -- a fresh start ... as the credit card ad keeps telling us ..."Priceless" .
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 am
Hi

The most you can repay should be your original debt plus IP fees less all payments and windfalls received

Regards
Andam Davies
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”