IVA and Pregnancy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

moneysaver09

Post by moneysaver09 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:44 pm
Hi

I am just after a little bit of advice, I have contacted my IVA company by email but just waiting reply next week.

My IVA is due to complete in May 2016 (may be slightly longer due to having to miss a couple of payments throughout).

I have just found out I am pregnant and due at the end of July. My company has a fairly good maternity scheme (18 week full pay and 21 statutory)

What agreements are normally made when there is a wage reduction? When I go onto statutory pay I will reduce to 600 per month from 1250 for the 21 months then when I return it will be on a reduced hours so will earn around £800 a month and I am worried there wont be aything they can do with it being so close to finishing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am worried sick[:(!]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:03 pm
Hello and congratulations. Your IP is sure to be able to help, either with a program of reduced payments (to be made up at the end) or with a break ( again added on at the end). A review would also be a good idea as finances are going to change.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”