Being made to feel like a child by shouting and telling me off on the phone. Please any advice ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Angie.01

Post by Angie.01 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:13 pm
Hi I tried to cancel my IVA in October and was told I could take a payment break and to let them know how I was getting on and if I still wanted to cancel. Then I phone in the beginning of December to ask if I could start payment again at the beginning of February because my husband has found a job , but now there saying that 3 month has just passed and I'm in breach and they really made me feel like a child by shouting and telling me off on the phone saying that they have tried contacting me , but my phone has been disconnected...maybe I just wanted to bury my head in the sand a bit but it's all a bit much at he moment. Please any advice .

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:32 pm
Hi. A breach isn't a failure -- it is notice that something has gone wrong and they should give you the opportunity to put things right, by, for instance adding payments on at the end, or the IP simply agreeing an extension to the break.

It also sounds as though the person you spoke to needs a little re-training. There is absolutely no excuse to shout at a client or to make them feel ridiculed.

I would suggest you ask to speak to the IP directly and address your concerns with him / her.

Who are you with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:47 pm
If your Iva firm cannot call you then why don't they write a letter or email...if it is important enough a letter should be send...on the record.
Lazy iva firm that just can't be bother to write.No fault in your part....

If this was a banking issue the bank would be failing at the duty of care and deligences in not writing to you.They(bank,iva) need to have shown that they have tried every reasonable mean to communicate.
Last edited by TzeKin on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:04 pm
If those calls are recorded for training purposes then I suggest this is when it may be useful for the management team to be listening to this recording. I would definitely write to them and suggest they do so.

Despicable behaviour from any company representative and I'm sure they'll be more than interested to learn of this.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”