All monies on my IVA are now paid up. Do I keep pension lump sum ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Garyd0559

Post by Garyd0559 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:13 am
this is on my iva all monies are now paid up. received a pension lump sum but do I keep or risk telling he is my iva
i have looked at some paper work and it readsassets,a statement of my affairs and estimate values is in appendix aassets specifically pledged,my homeassets not specifically pledgeOctaviaexcluded assetsas my domestic assets are of modest value and would be exempt in a bankruptcy, propose they be excluded from the iva.motor vehicleI own a Octavia value £2500 which I use for to and from work.does this mean my pension fund which I received is safe or do I have to hand it in
i have looked at some paper work and it reads assets,a statement of my affairs and estimate values is in appendix assets specifically pledged,my home assets not specifically pledge Octavia excluded assets as my domestic assets are of modest value and would be exempt in a bankruptcy, propose they be excluded from the iva.motor vehicleI own a Octavia value £2500 which I use for to and from work.does this mean my pension fund which I received is safe or do I have to hand it in - windfall/asset/inheritance should the debtor receive or become entitled to any windfall or inheritance payment with the value of £500 during the course of the arrangement which would be deemed after acquired assets within section 307 it must be paid or transferred to the supervisor . the max the debtor is to pay 100p in the £.nothing I can see states about my pension any help plz -

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:49 am
Hi

Pensions are usually ring fenced but there seems to be no mention of it in your proposal

Have you received a completion certificate or are you still awaiting this ?

Regards
Andam Davies

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:56 pm
This could be deemed a windfall but if you have made all your payments and the delays are beyond your control the IP could call a variation to exclude the money.

As Andy says it may have been excluded anyway but even so you should inform your IP for advice.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:35 pm
See also:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68472

Which I have now locked to avoid replies to the same question being separated.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Garyd0559

Post by Garyd0559 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:21 pm
hi
Hi andy

no I got told today that it will be around 6 to 8 weeks before I get my cert. I know I should declare the monies but my pension I had being ayed into was stopped 2 yrs before I started the iva and then was payed into my account the day after my last payment. now im jus sat on egg shells

Pensions are usually ring fenced but there seems to be no mention of it in your proposal

Have you received a completion certificate or are you still awaiting this ?

Regards
[/quote]
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”