Claiming PPI interest after completion certificate received ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

tracyh

Post by tracyh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 am
My IVA finished Sept 2013 and I have now received my completion certificate. I completed and returned all the PPI forms and wondered if I will still be entitled to the 8% interest on any claims being as my IVA is completed. If so how will I know what PPI has been clamied - who would I contact?

Many thanks

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:52 am
Your IP should keep you informed or be able to advise what ppi has been claimed ..any interest due to you should be paid direct.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 am
You would only be entitled to the interest element of PPI if this is what was agreed with your IP prior to the monies being paid into the IVA. Most IP's will not have agreed to this and so the interest is payable into the IVA also.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

tracyh

Post by tracyh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:35 am
My IVA was with Grant Thornton and they did tell me I would get 8% interest on any successful claims.

Do they have to tell me if they have had any claims paid, or can they keep quiet and keep it?

Also, what about all these loans having to repay interest regarding not sending annual statements, is that something that they will start to claim as well? Just wondered.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:32 pm
Apparently GT are having problems with the software they use to process agreed interest refunds ( so we are told). So it might be some time.

I was with GT and was told that only interest paid after signing an agreement to that effect would be refunded. Did you sign a "Spotty Letter" (so called as they arrived in spotted envelopes) ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

tracyh

Post by tracyh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:51 pm
Thanks Foggy, yes I did sign the spotty forms. Just wondered that as I have completion certificate I waived all rights to any refunds. I signed the forms right at the end of the IVA as they wouldn't send completion cert without them.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:04 pm
I spoke to GT PPI department last week about this and was told by the person I spoke to that the refunds are handled by 'Head Office' and the PPI advisors do not know when they are paid out, he assumed they were being paid when I mentioned this forum and the fact I have not heard of anyone recieving anything he seemed suprized as he thought they went through automatically as soon as the advisors notified the Head Office that the PPI claims were complete.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”