Credit File Problem

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:27 am
Hi all, I know there's a template on here to get creditors to update an error but I can't find it. Hopefully someone will help please?
I have a creditor (credit card) who has been defaulting even though they were part of my IVA started in April 2011. I now have my CC so I'm assuming I can get them to fix this?
Secondly, my IVA started life as a bancruptcy. At my meeting with the OR they were happy to let me change to IVA. This took 3 months but it all went ahead. I was advised to go back to court to get the bancruptcy annulled. Due to solicitor errors this took over a year but eventually went through and I have the court document.
My credit file (Noodle) shows my bancruptcy as "discharged" which to me sounds wrong. I was told that the annulment acted as if I'd never been Bancrupt. I thought that would mean it wouldn't show on a report.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you all.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 pm
Hi.

Background on clearing credit files here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

There is also a link to the template letter there.

Report the BR entry to Noddle via their website -- they are normally good at clearing stuff up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:39 am
Many thanks for the link Foggy it's much appreciated.
I'm still hoping someone could advise if I'm right regarding the Bankruptcy being wrongly marked as discharged rather than annulled?
Thanks again.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:57 am
Sorry to sound thick, but my Noodle report is showing a credit card that was included in my IVA. It has the default date as just prior to my IVA start date (it was bankruptcy order first) which is understandable. Unfortunately it's showing the current status as default and lots of little red monthly boxes dating from the start date right up to the present. The balance has stayed the same for every month. Shouldn't this have stopped showing the monthly reds from the IVA start date?
Thanks in anticipation.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:03 pm
Hi Jethro. Many creditors report the default every month, resulting in all those red marks. They are not new defaults, merely saying the original default still stands. It matters little, at the end of the day, as it will all be consigned to history and drop off after 6 years, red marks and all.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:59 pm
Thanks once again Foggy.
That's a shame as they're the only reds on there amongst quite a few nice green ones..lol.
Do you think there's any point in writing to them now that I have my completion certificate? I thought it should at least show as settled?
Annoyingly, I've had a contract with Vodafone since the 80's and never missed a payment but they don't appear on Noodle or Equifax. I'm still waiting for my Experian access but if that's the same then it would seem the "credit build" advice that it helps may not be as helpful as it seems?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:15 pm
Hmmm ..Vodafone shows all green on my Noddle report.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:28 am
That is strange Foggy. Perhaps because I've had it for so long it was before the days of credit file reporting? I wish it was on there though, every little helps I guess.
Anyway now I'm on a mission to remove the reds. I hope they'll mark it as settled and stop putting them on.
Thanks again.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 pm
Just as an update to the above.
I've now received my Experian report.
As with the others, my origial bankruptcy is shown on there so I've sent them the annullment order in the hopes that they'll update it to non existent. Equifax have already done so but Noodle haven't. It's obviously a slow time so no point in chasing for a while.
I would add that I have found the Experian site the most difficult to fathom. Everything seems geared to making you sign up for the 30 day trial. If you don't then a lot of information and help seems hard to find. I've ended up just emailing the customer services with my request.
And another strange one for you Foggy, my Experian report has no financial information whatsoever! No reds , no greens, nothing. No phone accounts or bank accounts, mortgage etc all of which shows on my other reports....Why me eh?..lol.
Happy New Year everyone.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:24 am
Further to the last. Experian have responded to say that there's nothing unusual about having no account information on my file. I would have thought it was an important element myself. They suggest that the accounts I have mustn't report to them but I can't see why not? I have the following;
Mortgage Yorkshire Bank 10yrs.
Barclays Basic bank a/c 2 yrs
Orange home broadband 5yrs
Vodafone contract for over 20yrs
J D Williams (major catalogue) 3yrs
All in good shape and never missed a payment.
It'll be 2017 before my IVA drops off but I don't want to leave it until then to get things in order and I feel having no credit accounts showing doesn't look good on my report.
Any advice please?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:02 am
There are three credit reference agencies, Jethro. Not all creditors report to all of them, which is why you need to look at all three when clearing stuff up. Likewise most creditors use a favoured CRA for their checks.

It does seem odd that all of your creditors don't report to Experian, but I guess it is possible.

The CRA's do seem to be rather hit and miss for such an important function and, in my opinion, severely under regulated.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”