I knew it

5 posts Page 1 of 1

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am
As expected GT attempted to take another payment from my account today! Despite the multitude of emails to them asking for verification that they will cancel the DD at their end, it transpires that as well as totally ignoring me and my emails they haven't cancelled the DD. No worries as I had cancelled it with an instruction to my bank last month. However because GT haven't cancelled it their end the bank 'hold' that money and it isn't available as part of my balance. Had it been a standing order the money would be available. I don't know how long the bank 'hold' this money as available for the DD though.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

recovering

Post by recovering » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:18 pm
Amazes mw how fast banks can take your money but how it takes an age to return it!!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:04 am
I would be in contact with GT demanding resolution and guarantee that they will not attempt further collection.
As for your bank holding back the money from your balance ...they should be able to release it if you go in the bank. I have cancelled direct debits in the past and personally have not had this happen.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:38 am
The money shows this morning as available, so it must have been just an admin period or something. My fingers are sore from the times I have emailed GT to get a resolution. Phoning them just gets some desk jockey who promise that I will get a call back, which of cause has never happened. Also again I have had no chairman's report from my yearly review. But then I have only ever had 1, the first after GT took over from BE. It has been over 10 weeks since I sent it off (recorded delivery) and 8 weeks since the automated email to say they had received the documents. I am totally not bothered as it is just not affecting me at the moment. They will be quick to contact me if they need anything I am sure. I have to the best of my knowledge complied fully with the IVA, GT can take their sweet time with the closure as I really don't care.
Last edited by MerlinL14 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:51 am
I just think your query is simple enough to answer and how long would it honestly take one employee to confirm and close the IVA off for you to save you hassle that none of us need.

Tell them if they ever cause bank charges they will be liable for them too.

Like you say though it's not affecting you at the moment so I'm sure they'll be in contact soon when they want something from you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”