A day I never thought would come!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

reesay

Post by reesay » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:52 pm
I have been reading this forum pretty much everyday for 6 years posting rarely but taking as much info as possible from all those that so kindly post advice and help.

I started my IVA on 9/11/09 and today had the confirmation that I do not need to make any more payments. I cannot explain what a relief this is. I don't have any equity in my property and so did not have to go for a 6th year. Cleardebt I have to say have been fantastic from day 1, I have had 4 different caseworkers but all have been professional and dilligent at answering my questions. The DRSP claims saga is still ongoing (since 2012!) and as it stands only one claim is outstanding due to the creditor offsetting the amount against their own debt but this is out of my hands and I have to wait for Cleardebt/DRSP to sort this.

5 years is a long time but life does go on even in the lonely world of being in an iva. I only told my partner no one else has known and at times it's been really hard. I have managed to pay back a higher dividend due to a promotion at work and I am now looking forward to holiday in the sun at the end of the week ( xmas present from parents) for the first time in 5 years.

I have become less complacent about money, I can now live within my means and I no longer fear answering the phone or opening post as I did pre-IVA.
It's not an easy option, if you are thinking of entering into an IVA do your research, call a few companies and make sure you read the small print before you sign up.
If it wasn't for this forum I would not have known half as what I do, it has been a godsend!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:49 am
Excellent news and great pist. Glad the forum has been a support to you .. please stay and share your experiences with others as it does show patience and a change to the way you manage your money really does pay dividends.
Enjoy your holiday and relax !!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

hubert

Post by hubert » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:22 am
Well done Reesay on what we all know can be a tough journey. A day I look forward to myself very much!

You're right it's not the easy option!

But I think it's the more responsible. Also the less dramatic. Ivas disappear quietly. Bankruptcy is forever public knowledgeable.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:42 am
Great post Reesay -- Congratulations !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:32 am
Fabulous, great post and all the best for your future.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

reesay

Post by reesay » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 pm
Have a quick question, I looked at my credit file today for the first time in ages and all but 1 debt (Amex) is showing the correct default date which is Nov 2009 however Amex is showing Oct 2010, just wondering whether I should try to get the date changed now or just wait until the end of the year? Thanks!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”