what happens after f&f is accepted?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

nellybob

Post by nellybob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 am
Fortunate to have a creditors meeting next month after submitting an offer but wondered what happens if the creditors agree. Are there any more reviews to do?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:15 pm
It would be unlikely as everything should have been reviewed prior to the F&F offer.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

nellybob

Post by nellybob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:44 pm
Thanks just wondered what to expect.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:41 pm
If a review date falls between the acceptance of the offer and the completion certificate they should do a review under the terms of the proposal, however, it will be a repeat of the pre-F&F review ( at least it was in my case).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

nellybob

Post by nellybob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:38 pm
No our review wouldn't be till August. We are with CF but we haven't had submitted any recent wage slips or anything pre our proposal.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:50 pm
There would be no need for a review after a F&F. Any issues such as overtime would be addressed prior to the meeting.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:54 pm
Good luck with your F&F offer.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Anders

Post by Anders » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:40 pm
Payplan have agreed to move forward with my F&F offer and it is currently being drafted by the variation team. Unfortunately they've indicated this could take some months. My last annual review was in September. Does this mean I'll need another review before the creditors meeting, and if so, is it just the same as the annual review, or something different? Thanks
Last edited by Anders on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:46 pm
I fail to see how it can take months to draft a variation so somebody must have got crossed wires. It usually takes us no more than a week for the variations to be drafted and circulated so I cannot for the life of me see how it would take months.

It only takes a few days to draft a full IVA proposal once all the facts are known so how could a short variation be more difficult? Go back to Payplan and see what they really meant.

Anders

Post by Anders » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 pm
Hi Michael. I'm equally confused as to why it should take so long. This is an extract from Payplan's email to me after asking if they can speed up the process:~
'The process for preparing the revised proposals to your creditors can take a few months. As this is a legally binding arrangement we are unable to speed the process. Your details are currently with our variation team if any further information is required from they will be in touch with you'

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:03 am
Ridiculous ... this should as Michael says take days to prepare and send off ... more like payplan are delaying the process or have backlogs to clear. If it were me I would make sure the IP is involved nit just caseworkers.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 am
I bet you if you rang Payplan as a new client they would find plenty of time to deal with you. But existing clients who are trapped and cannot go elsewhere have to wait months for simple variations!

This is ridiculous especially as this firm are funded by the bank and are usually found on bank literature if anyone gets into trouble. Perhaps another reason why anyone new should speak with the independent professional sector and not just take advice from the bank funded or charity sector.

Anders

Post by Anders » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 am
I've spoken to Payplan and they've confirmed it will be months, not weeks. Whilst they've not said they have a backlog (which is probably the case), they've said they do have a very large number of customers that have requested variations, which will take some months to process.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:45 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Anders

I've spoken to Payplan and they've confirmed it will be months, not weeks. Whilst they've not said they have a backlog (which is probably the case), they've said they do have a very large number of customers that have requested variations, which will take some months to process.

Sorry Anders but is that not the definition of a backlog!

Anders

Post by Anders » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:39 pm
YES!!!!
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”