Waiting for CC. Looking to move next month, but having problems finding a guarantor.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm
Hi all, well my full & final was accepted back in September 14 and I am waiting for my CC. I am looking to move house next month but feel it would be better if I had my certificate so I could show any potential landlords. I am hoping to avoid having to provide a guarantor as they ask personal questions to someone who is potentially doing you a favour. My ex partner was my previous guarantor but as we are not longer together I can't ask him this time. The guarantors have to be employed and home owners the only trouble is the people I could ask are either home owners but retired or working but renting. I am at a loss as to what I can do. In 9 years of renting & throughout the IVA I have never missed a rental payment. Has anyone any ideas how I might be able to get around the guarantor thing. I am working full time with a wage that easily will cover the rent & other expenses.
Issey

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:12 am
Have you approached the landlords and explained ? Sometimes they will go without a guarantor in exchange for a higher level of deposit ?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:00 am
Thanks Luluj, I just need the CC to go with the explanation I guess. I hope Kingsgate come up with it by the end of the 6 month time allowed for completion and I don't end up in months of begging that seems to be the topic of many posts on here.
Issey

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:57 pm
You could try the local papers and rent via a private landlord. It would be highly unlikely they could run a credit check and would only want to see rent statements and references.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 pm
There is an insurance policy that landlords can take out to cover non-payment of rent. Think it only costs about £100 - maybe offer to pay for this to protect them?
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:26 am
Thanks Kazza, I didn't even know that existed. Good to know!
Issey

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 am
I didn't now this existed either but what a good solution this could be for so many.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”