Car finance in IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:09 pm
Ok, so I have 18 months left on my IVA and my car has been slowly deteriorating for the past 3 years. It has broken down on my 4 times already in the last 3 weeks and now today, on my birthday of all days, it has dies again and wont start. The garage has said it needs £1000 of work on it which is money that I don't have and tbh feel like a waste as the car isn't worth saving. What is the likelyhood that I could obtain car finance in an IVA. I fully appreciate that the APR% will be huge, but I have just started a new job with a pay rise and Paypal have said that they will deal with new salary increases in my review in Sept, so I can afford to pay it. If I don't have a car then I can't work and no one gets paid. Any one else been in this situation?

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:15 pm
I think people have either taken payment breaks or got finance from memory You need the car to go to work so common sense surely has to apply?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 am
I think some people have got finance from Moneybarn and others have had the finance arranged in a family member's name. Confirm with your IP that this is okay before you proceed.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm
Many thanks for the replies. I will give my IP a call and have a chat.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”