Getting a joint mortgage ? My partner has an IVA. I have been unsuccessful trying on my own.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Victorious

Post by Victorious » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 pm
Hi

This has been answered but a long time ago and just need some advice.

Me and my partner are looking in to shared ownership. My partner has been in an IVA for 2 years. I have a deposit for a house but would need a mortgage to make up the 35% share. I have looked into doing everything on my own without my partner but my wage is much lower than his and I'm really struggling.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a joint application and if this would actually help or hinder our situation.
Victoria

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 am
Chat to Ryan and or Shaun our forum mortgage experts and gain professional advice. Contact details on the left under ask the experts a question.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Victorious

Post by Victorious » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 am
Thank you
Victoria

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:33 am
Although it won't hurt to speak to the experts,I would be amazed if any lender would take on new mortgage business from someone in a current IVA, or if your partners IP/current creditors would allow him to take on tens of thousands in new debt.

Also, by making a joint application you will become financially linked and your credit rating will be trashed too.

I guess a broker may know of a lender who would accept a mortgage in your sole name, but taking into account that your partner will be providing some financial assistance (like having a lodger?) - sort of like counting your partners contribution as additional income of yours...
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”