Hi I have just paid out my IVA and now learnt of another PPI claim. W.here do I stand on this ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.w

Post by Tony.w » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm
Hi I have just paid out my IVA 2 years early with a full and final payment of £5000, the iva company told me to do a ppi claim again which i have done even though I claimed it all back mainly from the halifax for loans before the iva and was paid out around £1600. I have now been advised by the halifax that they owe me again for an old credit card from 2001 which was missed and they apologised etc which has really annoyed me as this could now be a big amount which would have probably stopped me going in the IVA in the 1st place. Iam waiting an offer in the post from the Halifax for this new claim but have already paid out of the iva so where do i stand Im told it will take around 3 months to get the completion certificate so I will not be happy if all this new 'found' money has to go back to the iva after i have paid out on a Full and Final Settlement can you advise what I should do, the company who found the new claim is not the one linked to the iva company which they suggested i use and in all fairness im sure I just filled in something that came through the post so really the iva company would have no idea of this money?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 am
My understanding is it will need to be declared to your IP and it may be taken as an additional payment to creditors to increase the final return.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:02 am
Hi

It will have to be declared, however if it means that you have repaid your total original debt plus IP fees then it may keep any surplus

Regards
Andam Davies
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”