Can I get into trouble for getting credit before my 5 - 6 years is up ? IVA paid off early.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

steven mills

Post by steven mills » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm
HELLO,i paid off my iva early,meeting was approx july-aug,all accepted,i rang DFD last week and they said my cc is on its way,iva started dec 2012,just out of curiosity i applied for a credit card with vanquis(just for credit rating purposes),and they accepted me right away didnt ask about iva,s or bankruptcy online or even when they phoned me,question is"can i get into trouble for getting credit before my 5-6 years is up ?

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:57 pm
Technically you could be in breach for taking credit before your CC has been issued, however:
a) DFD say the CC is on its way, - maybe it has been issued.
b) Some IVA proposals allow up to £500 credit - your Vanquis limit is probably is no higher than this.
c) Are they likely to find out if you don' t make them aware?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:32 am
Until you are in receipt of your completion certificate you are bound by the terms of your IVA. If it were me I would not use the card once it arrives until after you have it received and full closure with DfD is had.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”