With PPI we paid well over what we were asked to pay and at our age we won't be able to remortgage.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:17 pm
Me and my husband are in the 5th year of our IVA, today we have received a letter from DFD requesting a net view of our property. This was in the agreement I must admit yet I'm worried due to the age of myself and my hubby there is no way we can get another mortgage.
What confuses me is that we have claimed PPI back that's been paid direct to DFD. With what we have paid and the PPI repayments this means we have paid well over what was asked of us to repay.
Oh how I wished I had done research into this IVA and chosen a company who will communicate with me.
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm
Total debt remains payable until the IVA concludes have you paid back 100% of your debt as if so then no further payments should be due apart from fees and possible statutory interest.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:21 pm
IVA companies must communicate with you . Who are you with ?

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 pm
I believe we have as good as paid back what was asked of us to pay back but I don't think its the total debt. I was under the impression that an agreed amount would be set, but having put approx. £20.000 PPI in the pot i was kinda hoping that this would help towards our debt?

We are with DFD, the letter we received today regarding information on our property is signed For and on behalf of your IVA Supervisor
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”