I have signed agreement to new terms but DFD still withholding CC. Final payment August 2014.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.r

Post by Tony.r » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:01 pm
Hello,
I have an IVA with DFD and I made my final payment in August 2014 but I still haven't received my completion certificate. Just prior to the agreement ending I agreed to new terms which allow DFD to chase any PPI claims after completion. I was advised that this would speed up the completion process.
I have never had PPI but I signed the consent forms just to speed things up. I have sent numerous emails and made several calls to customer services but they are very unhelpful. They are unable to provide any reason for the delay in completion but confirm my case is with the completion team. I spoke to customer services tonight and asked if it could take another month, six months or even a year and the lady replied I can't give a timescale.
This is so frustrating as until I receive my certificate my life is literally on hold. Is there anything else I can do other than wait?

William.02

Post by William.02 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 pm
Hi,

I in the same boat, final payment in May 2014 and Moneyplus are still withholding my CC due to PPI issues (of which i have none).
I was advised by another subscriber to this forum to ask for a "Deed of Assignment". This allowed his company to deal with any ongoing PPI enquiries effectively signing them away) and as such he was then provided with his CC shortly after.
I'm awaiting a call from someone form customer services of moneyplus for me to see if this applies to me (cant see why not).

Try the same, good luck.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm
Hi Tony.r
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Til

Post by Til » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 pm
We were with DFD and made final payment in October. We didn't sign the new T&C's but instead DFD had us sign a deed of assignment to sing over PPI rights in future. We got our CC in November.

Ask DFD if a deed of assignment could speed things up for you too.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Tony.r

Post by Tony.r » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm
Thank you all for your replies. I have completed a deed of assignment already and it has been confirmed that there is nothing outstanding and my case is with the completion team. The process has all been a bit frustrating with DFD as I had to complete the for three times. I also had to complete my expenditure form twice. On the second occasion a man from a company called quick docs came to my home to 'scan' all my documents. When he turned up he took photos of all my bank statements with a mobile phone and was unprofessional. In fact he was more interested in my job as a train driver and even asked me to help him with an application to join. I was polite but found the whole experience uncomfortable and would have rather scanned them myself.
Anyway, after five years of regular payments totalling £15840 (always on time) I am very keen to begin my life again and rebuild my credit score but this process is dragging. DFD have failed to provide any good reason for the delay in completion and haven't replied to my previous email.

Evette, Thank you for the reply. I have emailled you with all my detail and will patiently await your reply. Nobody from DFD has been able to help so far but we shall see....

Eagerly awaiting finiancial freedom.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”