Full and Final....No idea where to start

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:02 pm
Hi Everyone

After the worries and uncertainties with Creditfix we are hoping to get a full and final together by asking a family member for help.

The thing is i have no idea how to go about this! is there a formula on how much to offer for a full and final?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give xx
Last edited by Cariadqueen on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 months down.....We will be debt free!

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 pm
Hi, what a lot offer is the amount of payment multiplied by how many months left. What I would suggest as others have is that whatever the offer is reduced by the monthly payments until meeting date as it can take several months to put meeting in place.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:13 am
Cariadqueen, strangely enough I've had similar conversations over the last couple of days following the CreditFix takeover.

None of my family are in a position to come up with this amount of cash but I've been earning commission regularly over the last few months so with some dedication and hard work over the next 6-12 months I may be able to make a realistic F&F from the 50% uplift I'm allowed to keep.

My concern is that my overpayments into the IVA may then be at such a level that the creditors would rather keep me in it than settle it with an offer.
Last edited by thisusernameistaken on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:10 am
Yes we have too. Unfortunately theres still to much to ask anyone to fund and the person who could help doesnt know and we're too ashamed to tell....however im
so stressed and anxious about the future with CF id rather tell family about iva and try to get out of it. I doubt CF would make a F&F a smooth uncomplicated issue though and would make it drag out.

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 pm
A F&F won't give them much chance to rinse us further for more cash...

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:25 pm
Afternoon everyone, This is a really stressful situation for all of us to be in, and in my heart of hearts i don't think CF will make it easy for us to offer a F&F.

Apparently from what i have read they are not putting any F&F's through as they are holding out for a mass variation which ofcourse is another issue i think we are going to come up against.

Hubby pays over quite a bit in overtime each month at the moment too, so like you thisusernameistaken im wondering whether CF are going to want to bring our IVA to a close!

On top of this our review is now overdue and i have been worrying about sending my bank statements, not that we have anything to hide but it just feels a little intrusive to me and there is always that concern that they are going to try and question every debit we make from our account!

Time will tell i guess, it's a huge relief though to have this forum and to chat to people who are in similar situations....especially with CF!

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:45 pm
I've already altered the way I live day-to-day in order to minimise how my personal spending appears on my bank statements. I'm angry that I feel I have to do this as someone at CF will be reading through it all.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:33 pm
What is a mass variation? Sounds a bit scary. Can that mean we are forced in to new t&cs anyway?

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:35 pm
From what i can make out Lou its CF waiting for a number of cases of people wanting to do f&f's and then putting them forward at the same time, rather than on an individual basis.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 pm
Oh, I see. Thanks Cariadqueen. Thought it was something to do with the new t&cs. It seems a bit unfair to make you wait?

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Yes it does, we are still waiting for someone to get back to us to discuss a f&f in detail, not sure when that will happen! Im sure though that the new t&c's are going to be mentioned at some point!

Sonicboom

Post by Sonicboom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:40 pm
We are with CF and recently put forward a F&F offer. Creditors meeting set for Feb 20th. We haven't signed the new t&cs either.

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm
Good luck Sonicboom, let us know how it goes.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:56 pm
Yes good luck from me too sonicboom, let us know how it goes.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”