Is there a lender for us to free up the equity to pay a full and final payment ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Leedr85

Post by Leedr85 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:49 pm
Hi there. I'm currently 18 months into my IVA. Everything debt wise in IVA is in my name.Our mortgage is with what was Northern Rock and we have a secured loan also with Webb Solutions. We are currently on a variable 4.54% with N /ROCK. We owe £162,00 on that and 25k on secured loan. Value of property approx £245K. IVA payments £202. my question is please, are we better sticking with our rate with N/ROCK and an IVA or is there a lender out there for us that could free up the equity to pay a full and final payment to IVA and still have an affordable mortgage with a deposit? I'm sure it's not that simple though. Hope that makes sense? Kind regards - Lee

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:06 pm
Hi. Shaun Vickery, a whole of market broker, regularly helps borrowers with this sort of scenario. Of course the outcome will depend upon many things, but a chat costs nothing.

You can find his details under the "Ask a Question" tab (top left) and scrolling down to the experts details section.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:36 am
Ryan is also one of the forum brokers who have experience of dealing in these scenarios - worth a call to him to see if anything can be advised.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am
It is possible that you could get a secured loan to remove the second charge and also raise enough for a full and final. A remortgage would be attractive for you but almost impossible to get at this time.

Speak to Shaun Vickery from Select about the secured loan option and if the rate is better and you get out of your IVA it could be worth it and hopefully you can then remortgage the lot down the High St some time in the future.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Mortgagesteve

Post by Mortgagesteve » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:54 pm
Hi Leedr85,
In short - no.
I can get you a mortgage if you are in an IVA to a maximum LTV of 65% and the rate would be higher than NR so obviously not worth doing.
You can raise funds from another 2nd charge lender to clear Webb Solutions and the IVA but the maximum the lenders lend to is 70% of your property's value - sorry.
Regards
Steve
Every thing comes to he who waits.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”