LLoyds After Iva Warning!

11 posts Page 1 of 1

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 am
Hi,
I just wanted to let you all know I was was in an iva which finished a couple of years ago and I received my CC around July 2013. I was previously with Lloyds however, unfortunately they became a creditor so had my account taken away from me.
In December last year I spoke to a Lloyds manager who was asking if I needed any assistance, we started chatting and spoke about my previous iva I explained I missed banking with them etc. she told me that she sees no reason why I wouldn't now get an account on the provision that my credit files are completely clear (which they are).. and have had other credit since my iva. Also I didn't want to run the risk of having any unnecessary credit searches done just as I was getting back on my feet.
I decided to wait a little longer to apply and 3 weeks ago I took the plunge after speaking to her yet again and applied, er.. computer said NO!.. They offered me a card cash account but nothing else which was disappointing I was then told that if I used my account correctly then my account would be reviewed on a monthly basis. this seemed fair enough as of course I was now a "brand new" customer and would do my best to keep everything in excellent order and waited eagerly for my card and pin which I then realised it was taking a while so popped in to another branch of Lloyds to get an update.. I was advised that no card or pin had been ordered (which they rectified there and then) by which time I was very annoyed (especially as I had already deposited over £500 into the account)
As it happened I was talking to another lady who was very nice and chatty etc and I explained I was glad to be a customer of theirs once again and that I planned to use my account well and hoped to get an upgrade within a few months to the new club Lloyds account which pays 5% interest. she immediately told me that if you have defaulted with an Iva or bankruptcy you will NEVER EVER be allowed to have anything more than a basic card cash account.
I came home and called the first manager from the other branch and asked her about this for assurance she actually wasn't even aware of this so said she would have to make some enquiries and call me back which she did and explained exactly what I had feared. apparently it is Lloyds policy that once you have had any issues as I said before then you will NEVER be allowed anything more than a card cash account ever again!!.
I just thought I should share this information with you all as now I feel that I could have tried a different bank if I had been aware of this in the first place and now my credit score has dropped significantly.
I appreciate some people will be happy with a simple card cash account however, I would have eventually liked a full current account.
This account now seems pointless as it pays no interest at all so I may just close it down and feel has been a waste of a credit check.
Like I say, I just wanted to make people aware of this as I know how I have looked on this amazing site for so much feedback over the years.
If anyone else has been successful with Lloyds before and after an iva it might be nice to hear from you.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:45 am
Your post showed up three times so I have deleted the other two posts.

I had a credit card with lloyds which was in my iva. Last year my husband I opened a joint bank account with them with no issues - we did this in branch and were asked if we had ever been bankrupt ..we said no (true) and the computer said yes !
Last edited by luluj on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:22 am
Thanks Lulu.. interesting.. Do you have the club Lloyds account now? or a credit card again with them? Maybe if your husband didn't have an iva would have possibly help perhaps??.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:40 pm
We were both in iva's and now have a standard bank account with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 pm
Its good to hear that its possible to get a normal bank account with Lloyds post IVA. I have been wary of applying for one !

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:07 am
It sounds like you maybe fine to apply as long as you didn't have an iva with Lloyds then!

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm
We've just made our final payment today and was accepted to club Lloyds last month. Lloyds weren't one of our previous creditors.
Steven & Debbie

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 pm
Wow!.. That's really good then considering that you've only just completed your final payment.. I take it that you've not yet got your certificate of completion yet?.. I think the problem I had was that I was still showing on their system which flagged up (although they did approve a cash account its not really of much to me as I have one elsewhere.

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 am
This is defintely corect information as I have opend a full TSB current account with no problems whatsoever.

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:26 pm
Any updates from anyone regarding Lloyds bank for me please??

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:56 pm
My husband had a lloyds bank account with full card facilities whilst in our iva. I had a debt with them which was on our iva . We were linked on our credit reports but he was able to keep his account and card as it was in good standing the bank said at the time. He let them know as he didn't want his account shutting down unexpectedly .
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”