Thinking of complaining about entry on credit file but not sure I'm right. Help please.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

newbie77

Post by newbie77 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:39 pm
Help, I took out an iva in 2007 completed in 2012 phew since then I have worked really hard to clean up my credit file. However, for the last 2 years I have been having major problems with NatWest, i had a joint account with a friend which neither of us remembered about so I asked them to close it. They kept on saying there was money in the account, really long story short they never closed the account. Last year they sent me a debt collection letter (they were one of my creditors that formed part of my iva) saying I owed them £650 I called and complained there was a glitch on their system so they gave me £80 in compensation and promised that all details relating to any previous debts would be taken off my credit files and all accounts closed. I have been into experian this is correct I have a score of 986 call credit also correct credit score of 4/5, Equifax score is 508 however, in my credit details it shows a linked address my defaulted NatWest account as a partial settlement. Surely this can't be correct? Equifax have contacted NatWest who said they can't see it so won't remove it. I've complained to NatWest who have sent me a letter this morning saying no Default's are reported. This is true it doesn't say defaulted but it states partial settlement and a closure date of June 2013. This account was my loan account and part of my iva. I'm thinking of just complaining straight to the financial ombudsman but I'm not sure if I am right that it shouldn't show. Sorry to ramble on but I'm so angry any help would be great. Xxx

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:08 pm
All defaults should have been dated on or before the IVA start date.

The error here could well lie with the CRA and I would agree that the OF might be able to intervene as you have reached something of a stalemate.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 am
I have one creditor barclays still with incorrect dates on my credit file everything comes off after 6 years in my case it hasn't barclays should of been removed a year and 6 months a go I went through ombudsman service and barclays have given me £235.00 in compensation money this month as they have said they made an error now I hope they will remove me sometime this month.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

newbie77

Post by newbie77 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:02 pm
Thanks so much both of you I really thought I was going mad thinking it shouldn't show. I'm going to go online tomorrow and raise a complaint. This website has been an absolute godsend xxx
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”