Getting a property valuation and two separate mortgage offers ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

a1lp@mail.com

Post by a1lp@mail.com » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:26 pm
Hi I have a IVA which is 6 month from ending and I have been asked for a recent property valuation and two separate mortgage offers.

When asking for a valuation. Do I ask for one as a forced valuation or distressed valuation or as it is?

I have been told that a valuation might cost £300...x2 how is this cost managed in the IVA ?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm
You need to check with your own IP as to costs. We allow around £100 plus VAT as an expense of the arrangement which is usually enough for a valuation. You will stuggle to get one mortgage offer never mind two and this could further damage your credit file so ask your IP if it is really necessary to go through a fruitless process.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:50 pm
£300 is high for a professional valuation. Tell the valuer you are after a forced sale valuation, otherwise they add a premium to allow wriggle room in sales negotiations.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:09 pm
The local estate agent I got my recent house valuation from normally charge £125 + VAT to carry out a valuation.

I phoned them and said I was in a position where I needed a forced / quick sale valuation but was hoping to not have to sell my house.

They did the valuation without charge, but if they had have charged, my IP would have allowed up to £100 + VAT to be borne by my IVA.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

SFA

Post by SFA » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 pm
I agree that it's a pointless exercise and my caseworker has referred to it as " going through the motions " but my I have to get 2 mortgage refusals in writing. Is this possible with a soft search on the credit files ?
I was hoping to speak to 2 banks, explain the situation and be refused there and then, hoping to get a very quick e mail of refusal as proof. I'm not intending to go through all the figures wasting their time and mine.
SFA

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:49 am
Have a chat to Ryan, one of the forum mortgage experts, he may be able to provide a refusal letter for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 am
Morning
I can help you out with this, please get it touch via the website below or via the Experts tab on the left hand side
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”