Won my case,. Would creditors accept a F&F with the back pay I have been awarded by DWP ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Kevindt76

Post by Kevindt76 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:55 am
i have been back paid £8000 by he dwp because they did not pay me for 10 months i went to appeal and won my case but they back payed it.i have been in an iva for 8 months or would they accept it as a full and final payment.thank you.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm
Will depend on a combination of factors including how much you pay per month, total amount owed and the willingness of your IP to consider it.

Also depends on what benefit the payment is linked to.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:07 pm
Hi. There is every chance that they will regard this as a windfall and grab the lot. This will not reduce your payments into the IVA, nor the term, but will increase the dividend to your creditors. You will need to discuss this with your IP.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Kevindt76

Post by Kevindt76 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:31 pm
was told the esa money was mine to keep and wouldnt be taken as a windfall.so i have asked would they accept this money as full and final payment.initially they said no as it didnt cover outstanding iva.but i asked if i could put offer to creditors and now they are going to post offer package to fill in and we will see how we get on.thanx for the info i wouldnt have a clue but im a bit more up on this now,will let you know how the offer goes,thanx again.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:02 am
Good luck with the offer and being an excluded asset I see no reason for creditors to turn it down.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”