iva and benifits.

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Kevindt76

Post by Kevindt76 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:22 pm
hi just a little note that this site has helped me greatly. i had quite a lot of money for esa backpaid as won my tribunal after being signed off.my stomache was churning at the thought the iva would take all this money back as windfall, but on advice from members told GT about this money and to our delight they said we could keep it.on more advice from members i asked gt if i could use the money as full and final payment. initially they said there was too much outstanding but i asked to put the offer forward.am now awaiting package to fill in offial offer to creditors. members seem to think they may accept this offer as dont forget that the people who do the ivas normally get more out of this agreement than the creditors so by accepting a fair offer they will get one payment instead of instalments and your iva people get a much less commission. they dont always accept and i dont know if our offer will be yet.i would not have a xclue about any of these things if it wasnt for members on here,so many thanx,will let you know how the offer goes....ps i worked it out on my iva but figures herew are for example...from the official that you agreed for your iva deduct the payments that you have allready paid and your left with the full and final payment they would require.but dont be affraid to offer less as the commision by iva company is a big chunk of this ammount left,roughly 15,000 iva 4,5500 is the commision and the rest goes to creditors so they may just accept your offer.good luck.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm
Excellent. Good to see GT took a sympathetic view of things. Best of luck with your offer.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:09 am
Fingers crossed your f&f offer is agreed by creditors very soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:03 am
Best of luck from me too
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 am
Good luck from us also
Steven & Debbie

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 pm
Hi Kevin - How did you get on - did they accept the offer?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”