Grant Thornton have instructed solicitor to pursue PPI. I have my completion certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Ross.j

Post by Ross.j » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm
Hi, I have just received a letter from Grant Thornton advising they have instructed their solicitor to perusing any PPI from one of the companies on an IVA I completed last year, I also have the certificate of completion. Their solicitor has stated if I do not allow them to pursue the ppi then I am "responsible for the terms in this agreement" which includes fees that would be payable had they been given permission from me to investigate any PPI. This seems a bit aggressive to me especially when I have no business with either company. Should I seek legal advice do you think?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 720#579222

See this discussion, the court case referenced and feed that back to them given that a CC has been issued.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm
Refer them to the case lifenoteasy has highlighted and mention that, as things stand, the courts rule against such action. They might wish to refrain from further threats until such time as an appeal is lodged, subject, of course, to the outcome of any such appeal.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”