Help to Buy mortgages and IVA's

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Havors

Post by Havors » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm
Hi guys, has anyone any information or experience with applying for a mortgage under the government's help to buy scheme while either having an IVA or previously having completed an IVA?

Or will this IVA prove to again be the bane of my life? Thinking I should have gone for a debt management plan instead... :(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 pm
I think you are eligible, but it will depend upon the individual lenders criteria, rather than the scheme.

Ryan and / or Shaun should be able to advise. They are both whole of market brokers with experience in adverse credit. You can find their details under the "Ask a Question" button ( top left) and scrolling down to the experts details section.

A DMP can be a similar millstone as it can last a lot longer and defaults can be sat on your records for a lot longer too.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:57 am
We have obtained mortgages for many Clients who have previously had IVAs under the Help to buy schemes so would be happy to assist anyone in similar situations. Mike (in Ryan's absence)
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

clare357

Post by clare357 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pm
Hi, you said you have helped people who previously had been in an IVA but would me and my partner be able to buy a help to buy if we both are still in an IVA ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 03, 2021 3:14 pm
Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pmclare357 wrote:
Hi, you said you have helped people who previously had been in an IVA but would me and my partner be able to buy a help to buy if we both are still in an IVA ?
Hi Clare. Please contact Ryan or Shaun directly. Their contact details are in their profiles here:

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

It it next to impossible to place a mortgage while in an IVA ---- lenders would not be willing and, on top of that, you would need your IP's permission. Using the Help to But Scheme would make it even harder.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”