What happens now?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm
Just about to make last payment of 6 year iva. Have sent all paperwork (valuation & redemption statement) into iva company at month 66 as required but have heard nothing at all from them, apart from acknowledging receipt and saying they'd be in touch very soon.
There is equity in property so fully expect to pay for another year as probably won't be able to raise mortgage but haven't even been told to attempt this yet.

Anybody got any idea when I should expect to hear anything from the iva company? Worrying about what to do after the next payment is made. We had some 'arrears' (they weren't really arrears, ip just changed their mind about something) which will be paid off next payment so I will be reducing any further payment to reflect that.

As part of the fees the iva company take each month, should they be advising me what to do now, and should I be 'allowed'to talk to the ip themselves for help?
May 2015 - Completed!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:06 pm
How long they take to get back to you depends upon who you are with. As to talking to the IP: My opinion is that you should always be able to talk to the person who is effectively controlling your life, however, some firms ( and some IPs) believe that they are "above" having contact with those who give them their living!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”