How can IP still have interest in PPI after completion, with reference to recent court case.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Waljinder

Post by Waljinder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:58 pm
I have received confirmation that my ppi settlement is going to be paid to my IP from the hsbc bank.however I have completed my iva and have the CC dated 23/07/2012.How can the IP still have interest in the ppi as this is completed.GT have said its in the standard R3 terms and conditions.Especially after the recent court case by Stephensons solicitors

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm
There is a continuing trust created by the IVA under which they can still act. However, the recent case does throw into doubt their entitlement to the monies in the first place, post completion.

I believe the R3 terms do cover this point, as would any deed of assignment or the "spotty letter" issued by GT seeking to vary it's terms, which included pledging PPI past, present and future.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sleeping Well

Post by Sleeping Well » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:30 pm
I am in the same position, last payment in December 2013, CC sent and dated January 2015... In Febuary received a letter from a solicitor instructed by GT to chase up PPI's.... I recall sending the Authorisation letters back to EIC November 2013, surely 14 months is enough time for them to get their act together and going by the length of time it took to send a CC I would have thought everything would have been sorted out.... I would imagine I am one of thousands in the same position... Time will tell on this and look forward to reading the appeal on the recent Manchester IVA Court Case.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”