PJG

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

another_bump

Post by another_bump » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 pm
I know this may be heresy, but what is the full story of Melanie Giles selling PJG to credit fix ? Why does she and her team no longer post advice on these forums ?

She was obviously a prolific poster and seemed a whise sage - that's the reason we chose PJG.

I can understand there may be reasons for Melanie to a degree, but why did the whole company just stop posting on here ?

With all these equity problems coming up with creditfix it would be very useful to have a professional comment on whether all these customers are reading the equity release correctly.

Do feel so let down and can't face another 12 months

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Would anyone post on here in her position with some of the comments that have been posted?
Not sure I would

another_bump

Post by another_bump » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm
Well if that is the case, with her being a professional, you might think that she would want to fight her corner, or possibly clear her name ?

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 pm
I am not sure that she has anything to clear her name from personally. Everyone that posts on here does so voluntarily and companies often get sold on. People who take a break from posting should not need to justify why they take a break from it.

I just hope Mel remembers that she did help many, many people on the forum and not some of the comments which, in my opinion, have been inappropriate.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:57 pm
I agree, relieved33. Although I have finished my iva I still log on here once or twice a week and was shocked at some of the comments. I was not with Mel's company but her advice on this forum was invaluable and I'm sure a lot of people were very grateful for her advice and empathy. Things beyond our control happen in everyone's life, (probably one of the reasons that many of us are on this website) and I think that Mel should be given the consideration and respect that she so obviously deserves.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:15 am
The issue wasn't that we were sold on, it's to whom we were sold.

CF seem to be at best incompetent and at worst borderline con-artists. None of the 900 who were sold on (or should I say 'sold up the river'?) had any say and have no recourse.

I accept things change but PJG dumped us with a firm who had a terrible reputation on this forum (which Melanie MUST have known about). The issues made known on this site regarding CF have resulted in discussions amongst many of us away from this forum with a view to taking some sort of action.

I was in charge of choosing who I dealt with for the six years of my IVA and now I'm not. I would switch from CF in a heartbeat given half a chance, they're exactly the type of firm I avoided when setting up my IVA.

THAT'S my issue.
Last edited by thisusernameistaken on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:12 am
As a moderator to this forum can I please ask that we do not start up the "why we were sold to CF" threads again. Melanie was a great forum poster at the time but her business has taken a different direction and she has moved on. It has been discussed, debated several times over since it happened and some have now moved onwards, finished their iva's and received their closure certificates from CF.

The forum is a place where new and existing customers can ask general questions about the iva process. It is NOT a place to debate, personalise the whys and wherefores of why x sold to y. Those details are for x and y and we as customers need to understand that business demands and priorities change over time.

The forum is beginning to return to one that has a range of questions being asked each day and providing the all important support to each other - please let this continue.

As someone who finished their iva some years ago now I still post and support the forum as a thankyou for the invaluable help that I was given by the experts, mentors and admin - we all give our time voluntarily and those experts who now post do so in between their day jobs and their family life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:00 am
I am happy to depersonalise any conversations around this thread and any other but the PJG/CF discussion will rumble on for a while simply as ex PJG clients continue to share their experiences (and from what I can see it has played apart in reinvigorating this board).

There are some issues:

- If asked would I recommend PJG (and they are still trading) - I would like to but I can't

- At times CF seem to be stating that PJG gave out incorrect advice or that they were wrong - that means that some people may have no choice but to complain to PJG

- People now seem to be a lot more wary in terms of their dealings with their own IVA companies with some real horror stories linked to badly trained or inexperienced staff, changes to how protocols are interpreted etc.

One of the positive things about PJG was that they ultimately educated a lot of their clients and they did try and explain what happened and why - they weren't perfect but no-one is.

Ex PJG clients are now asking the difficult questions coming out of that education.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 am
I think that people have the right to ask difficult questions, I would. I think that it's unfair to expect those questions to be answered on a public forum. As much as people have the right to vent and ask for support on here, people have the right to read posts and not reply.

I still read the posts and reply or ask questions even though my iva is complete as I found it a great source of info and support prior to and during my iva and hope others can continue to use the forum in this way.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:33 pm
I agree Luluj which was really what I meant
Apart from missing Mel as my IP
The whole forum misses her advice
Hope she feels able to return in the future
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”