What happens after IVA approved

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:20 pm
There is lots of great information here, but I'm struggling to find if anyone has ever explained the process once you get the nod that an IVA is approved ?

Would anyone care to point me in the right direction, or indeed expand please ?

I'm guessing the first thing is you get a copy of the chairmans report, then is there a standard set of requirements and admin processes ? Is there anything one can do to be ahead of the game ?

I know, I only found out it was ok'd last week, but I'm kind of a "do it now" guy :)

Any tips and/or advice appreciated.
Last edited by longslog101 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:28 pm
Everything depends upon the terms of your own proposal. You should get a copy of the Chairman's report which will have any amendments agreed detailed therein. After that is is simply a matter of making payment and following whatever terms were agreed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

recovering

Post by recovering » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:28 pm
not a lot from memory! think it came I signed and returned 1 copy and kept the other, standing order was set up
that was it
[:)]

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm
From memory I didn't need to do anything. I had confirmation that the IVA was successful and received a copy of the report detailing how the individual creditors voted.
I had to send a cheque to cover the first months payment prior to the IVA being accepted which would have been returned had it failed so effectively as soon as the IVA was succesful I was one month in already. I just made sure the Standing Order was set up and then just let it run.
Just make sure you keep all documents relating to the IVA regardless of how irrelevant you may think they are ... print them if it's an email, just incase, as you never know what you may need in 5 years time.
Make sure you send payslips monthly and declare any overtime if you receive it. I set up a number of folders on the computer to save bills etc that I may need for each years review i.e water, electric, council tax that way it's all there ready for when they ask for it.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:18 am
As others have said apart from returning a signed chairmans report you simply just need to make your payments and comply with your agreed terms
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

clanger

Post by clanger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am
still getting some crap letters from the credit card companies...spoke to the IP company and they were not happy bunnies over this, they made a couple of calls and I hope all will go quite now

recovering

Post by recovering » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 am
The Letters do stop
I's weird how few I get now
My postman walks with a lighter step[:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm
it can take a while for the IVA confirmation to filter through to all creditor departments, lovely when it goes silent though I do agree.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:55 am
thanks for all the answers, received my chairman's report yesterday and have sent that back.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”