What would be a considered offer to pay full and final ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Shirl

Post by Shirl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:48 am
5 years left owe 9 k relative offered to pay full and final what would be a considered offer

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:48 am
A f&f offer should be based on the best offer possible. A good starting point is

Monthly iva payment X months left

When making the offer the third party offering the funds should make it clear that you will only be given access to this money for the closure of your iva otherwise you will not have it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 am
You might also have to add an extra 12 months to cover equity release if you are a homeowner.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 am
Hi Shirl. If you have 5 years left I presume your IVA may have only started recently? You may have a modification in your IVA that prevents you from modifying your terms within a certain time. For instance HMRC sometimes insist that no variaitons are to be offered within the first 12 months of commencement. Check your IVA terms or speak to your Supervisor about this. Ultimately it's down to creditors to decide on what is a fair offer but if this would mean bringing things to a conclusion 5 years earlier (which also means less admin costs) then worth making a cheeky offer. If only £9k left over the duration then I might make an offer of £5k but this is just my personal opinion based on limited information.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:38 pm
Hi

As Lisa states creditors may agree to an offer and receive monies now rather than over a five year period.

Offer as much of the 9k as you can to help acceptance

When did your IVA start ?

Regards
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”