This is regarding a friends IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Tracey.1

Post by Tracey.1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:15 pm
This is regarding a friends iva ...last October she finished her IVA but due to her wages being higher than the actual requirment they calulated that she owed just under two grand more to pay ....so she agreed and the company set up a direct debit making the last payment half the amount and the finishing amount ...on two occasions she contacted the company which has been recorded to insure that the final payment was in April. ..this was confirmed...This week she contacted them for one last time and was told she owed another 1,700 ...but couldn't work out why ...she said where has this come from ??? They couldn't answer today theyve rang saying it was a mistake she owes another five hundred besides the last payment which they set up ...so another payment will be set up...how can this be right why was this not discussed in the first place last year when she was told she owed more?? Would be greatful for any help.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:19 pm
Hi, what I personally would suggest is that your friend asks for a break down of all payments made and showing calculations of how extra monies is required. I do think this is necessary to understand where the underpayments have arisen from?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:28 pm
If she has finished the contractual payments and was paying off AGREED arrears then they have no scope to keep amending the amount due. And, frankly, if they keep mis-calculating, how confident is your friend that the original arrears figure was correct ?

Do you know which firm she is dealing with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:19 am
I would seek a full written explanation and not make further payment until it us clear how it has been derived at.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:44 am
Hi Tracey - I agree with the others here. Your firend needs to make a written request to the IP firm for a written breakdown of how they have arrived at the figures so she can understand the calculations.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”