CC Today.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

banjoplayer

Post by banjoplayer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:50 pm
After 5 years in my IVA today has been awesome, I have finally received my Completion Certificate from Grant Thornton.

In the 5 years my IVA ran I had no problems at all, Grant Thornton took over my IVA from Blair Endersby and continued to administer my account without any issues at all.

Last payment was June 2014, it was not until Feb 2015 that I rang for my Completion Certificate and was told that my account had not even been sent to closures, I duly complained to Grant Thornton and was told to put official complaint in writing which I did.

Within two days I had a call from them explaining that my case had now been forwarded to the closure team and that my certificate would be with me in about a month.

I did ring to chase up and left a message for a call back which they did again within 2 days.

I have checked this forum every week soaking up information given by the experts about what to do if in dought about anything, I followed their advice to the letter and have found there information to be correct, so a big heartfelt thank you to you all for caring and being passionate enough to give your time to all of us.

Last but not least, Grant Thornton have taken a bashing with regards to their performance recently but all I can say is, comply with all of your IP's requirements and things will run smoothly, I for one am very happy that Grant Thornton managed my debt account and concluded it today. with the least amount of hassle during the last 5 years.
Dance like no-ones watching

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 pm
Well done and congratulations. I, too, was transferred to GT during my IVA, and have nothing but praise for the way they conducted my IVA. However, the time taken to issue that certificate is still a bug-bear with me (mine was just 6 months) and detracts from an otherwise good service.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:09 pm
Congratulations x

banjoplayer

Post by banjoplayer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 pm
Thanks Foggy and footiemad, it is a great feeling to know it is all over at last, with regard to issuing the completion certificates I think that it will improve after all any complaints made will probably reflect on the Company or the IP who is monitoring your case.
Dance like no-ones watching

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 pm
Congrats Banjo player. I was also transferred from BE to GT. Last payment was Dec 14.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:48 pm
Well done Banjo - it must feel like such a nice relief to put it all behind you and move on.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”