Absolutely fuming!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

creditnomore

Post by creditnomore » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm
71 payments of 6 year iva paid, came home to letter today saying I was in arrears for an amount which is nothing like my monthly payment and if I didn't pay it off in 7 days the iva company would terminate my arrangement and allow creditors to chase me for the original debts! I have paid my payment every single month, on time, since I started it but I went through my statements to check and yes, as I thought, it has been paid correctly. The amount they quoted is considerably less than my monthly payment)
Rang iva company, girl I spoke to was very nice but said she couldn't see where the figure had come from so would have to pass to the arrears department for them to look into next week.
Not content with that, I emailed the IP on the only email address I can find, as well as the main email address I have used in the past but the IP one bounced back.
I know I have paid everything correctly and on time but I still face 2 sleepless nights until I can get this sorted out. Fortunately I am a stroppy cow so won't take this lying down but others might and I can't help but wonder if I've got this letter because 1 - I wouldn't agree to a fee increase and 2 - I have been chasing the iva company for an answer to a query I had and my last email said if they didn't know the answer I wanted a call appointment with the IP direct.

I have only had 3 letters from this company since they 'bought' me, the first to say everything would carry on as before - turned out to be a lie, the second to tell me to change the bank account I paid into or 'I would face creditor hassle' and the third to try to get me to agree to the fee increases.
Being so close to the end - yes I expect to pay another year - and getting something like this makes me fearful for the conclusion of this.
I am absolutely furious but don't feel I can complain formally because I don't know what comeback there will be on me - fed up and totally p***ed off [:(]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:02 pm
If it is CF - yes they can be a bit brusque with their communication and like to play the bully, but, once you speak to a person they do appear more helpful.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

creditnomore

Post by creditnomore » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:14 pm
It it indeed them Foggy, annoyed at the tone of the letter but even more annoyed that it's wrong! So close to the end, I've done everything asked of me but this bunch still see fit to speak to me - by letter - like a worthless piece of ****.
Feel like giving all up, leaving my hugely stressful job and taking my chances. I have no days out, no holidays, a really old car creaking at the joints, a house in dire need of work and all to be treated like this. Why even bother?
I'm particularly prone to depression at this time of year because of what happened in my past and I can well do without this, not sure what to do, Difficult to speak to them during the week as I'm supposed to be working all day every day..........Lived with this for too long now..............

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:43 pm
Im convinced the IP doesnt actually exist at the company. Never have correspondance from the person, nothing is actually signed, only ever a copy of sn orginial like its a template. When ive phoned im not given option of speaking to the ip i was told about but was told there was another one...Chris Parry i believe. Im sorry youve got such news at this late stage. There were a few incidents at changeover where figures got mixed up and they tried to blame pjg. If youve got evidence of every payment and no missed payments of any overtime i cant see how they can say youve got arrears. I would bang over another email explaining things from your point of view. Ive never had a response from the customer services address or the 'special' address specifically for pgj customers. Theres a few people who have had good communications from certain team members if you search through threads.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:48 pm
jaimie.mooney@creditfixme.co.uk
this guy is always helpful

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:50 pm
greg.balfour@creditfixme.co.uk
and this one
hope you get the help you need

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:02 pm
Yes, Greg seems OK and helpful

creditnomore

Post by creditnomore » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:14 pm
Thank you everyone.
I also wonder if the IP actually exists!
Will let you know when I hear anything , hopefully it will get sorted - I know I've paid everything just to convince them now.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:44 am
Don't give up ... ask for a full explanation in writing as to where this additional payment has bern calculated from.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:55 am
Hi

Must be very annoying, I know that I would feel the same

These letters need double checking before sending out

Let us all know how you get on

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:14 am
I might add that this is not an isolated incident.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:15 am
The letter wasnt from Nancy was it like the threatening red enveloped letter we got that time?!! That was poorly written too. Its not correct that they demand payment within 7 days or terminate an iva either is it?? Seems a bit harsh especially at this stage when the poster has paid each payment as required for 6 years and has evidence of such. I hope the poster gets some answers tomorrow (although they had a habit of calling on Sunday mornings at the start!!!)

creditnomore

Post by creditnomore » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:32 pm
Just to update -
I've spoken to 4 people at CF today and I think have now got this sorted out.
But - I do have to say everyone I spoke to has been really nice, friendly and fairly efficient.
I said I thought the letter I received was far too strong and the guy I was talking to said he agreed but unfortunately it was a generic letter so couldn't be changed.
Anyway, that aside, although this has been a pain the backside, dealing with them was not as bad as I had expected.

recovering

Post by recovering » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:13 pm
Great news and yes all the people I have spoken to have been pretty nice
Still no review for me! have decided to fill in an old PJG I&E and email it over I think

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:20 pm
Their written communication does need to improve by the sounds of it. Generic letter or not needs toning down. Glad you're sorted now though despite it taking 4 people to talk to and receiving the snotty letter.

You're almost done so won't be long. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”