Last payment February 2014 with DFD. Despite countless calls and emails no certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Francis.23

Post by Francis.23 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 pm
We are in a frustrated situation. IVA started with DFD in Oct 2007 extended due to Iquity release. Last iva payment made Feb 2014 but till now completion certificate not yet received. Countless calls and emails made but the feedback has been one creditors has not claimed yet hence certificate can't be issued. There is resolution in sight. It has been a complete torture as we cant move forward

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:51 pm
DFD can ( should) have sorted out a non claimant well before now. I would suggest you write to them to lodge a formal complaint and tell them to give the creditor 28 days to prove their claim or forfeit.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:42 pm
I had several who did not claim but still got my certificate. Email your ip if no luck email the regulators . They are very quick in their help/ replies .

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 pm
I got news off the ombudsman recently that the creditors are bound by the terms of your iva whether they claim or not so you should get that certificate . You have waited long enough. I was with dfd too

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 pm
Hi Francis - first of all as Foggy says the IP can indeed send a final notice to a creditor giving them 28 days to claim or be omitted from the final dividend - they should have done this towards Feb 2014 in readiness for closure. Unless there are other reasons they have not explained to you, the case should have been closed a long time ago. I recommend you send them a written request for an update/explanation as to the delay and include in it that if their response is not satisfactory you intend on making a formal complaint against them. If you still get no reply/satisfactory reply you can make your complaint here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:56 pm
Dear Francis.23
Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.
Speak soon.
Thanks,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”