What is the average completion time following final payment ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

JamieM

Post by JamieM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 am
What is the average completion time following final payment? Is there an industry average or legal requirement? I made final payment to GT in December, insufficient equity, no further payments due, been told I've passed stage 2 of completion. Apart from that, getting information out of them is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Most of them are either rude or incompetent, with notable exceptions, and keep referring to the "it takes 6 months" line ignoring what I say and their previous statements. The variation says completion can be issued prior to PPI being finalised, and was confirmed by one of the helpful staff members. Before I lodge a complaint I'd be interested to know the experiences of others in this situation. I realise there's work to do and they have procedures, but I've done my bit and want to move on.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:10 am
We do have posters who are or have been with GT and I'm sure they'll be along soon to share their experience of closure. Unfortunately closure varies company to company but hoping yours won't be long now.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:22 am
Unfortunately GT seems quite bad at this - 3/4 months would seem reasonable and then keep chasing.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 am
GT routinely take 6 months as a minimum --- this is catered for in the proposal so there is no cause for complaint in that regard as yet. There are also terms to allow extensions in your proposal.

I was with GT and had completed the PPI hurdle and had no equity to deal with -- it took 6 months almost to the day.
Last edited by Foggy on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:10 am
Hi Jamie - the estimated completion date should have been mentioned in your IVA. Firms do vary but I have read other posts on here that say GT take 6 months. I would recommend you write to GT and ask them for written details as to what the position is, what is left to do and their estimated timescales. If it drags on for too much longer you can then chase again mentioning that you may complain if their response is not satisfactory.
Then you can complain here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:05 pm
It took me a year and nearly 3 months to receive my cc from GT I had to contact the ipa and with in a month I received my cc.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”