decisions

8 posts Page 1 of 1

recovering

Post by recovering » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 pm
I am probably half way through my IVA, with no great dramas so far,( creditfix aside ) and have no-one to blame but myself for my situation
I am 99 % sure it was the right decision
BUT how hard is it that I have now lost control of my life because of it
had really bad news at work today and have no way of changing my path because of my own stupidity, I feel like my IVA has trapped me and can see 3 years looming ahead
[:(]

I

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:15 am
Sorry to hear that you have had a bad turn of events.

Yes, the IVA can seem like a trap at times as well as more than invasive. But, it is a means to an end. In the grand scheme of things three years isn't really that long and, when you get there, looking back, it will have gone in a flash.

Chin up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 am
Please read the blogs. I cannot remember a story where people haven't felt down at some point. You have come so far! It really does get easier. The time flies towards the end.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm
You've done half the IVA it's all uphill now. Hang in there it will end. I had days where I fully regretted not only my actions that brought about the debt but the IVA too. In hindsight the only thing I regret about the IVA was going interest free on my mortgage but that I'll have to bear I'm afraid.

You know we're all here for you any time you want to chat, just give us a shout. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 pm
Thanks all
It's been such a tough year at work being sold having issues about role and TUPE T&C'S having a bully put in above me who I discovered was stealing I had to shop him, (no thanks) then being given control for 9 months all the way through having targets set and reached
got told yesterday after all that they can't train me without putting another person in above me
I think this was the plan all along and I was never going to be appointed
I am stuck there because of my IVA
SO annoyed with myself

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:50 pm
Sounds a tough year so you've coped well considering. Just think where you were this time 2.5 years ago and where you are now then look forward to the next 2.5 years and you'll be all but done and 100% debt free. It's not easy but it's definitely worth it. Hang in there. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Hi Recovering - maybe it's time for you to look around for another job if you are not valued where you are. I hope it all works out for you.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 pm
Sometimes you just have to do what is right for you.

There is a point where you have to say *** it to the IVA and make it adjust to what you need.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”