Annual Report

11 posts Page 1 of 1

stepbystep

Post by stepbystep » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:06 pm
I am self employed and was transferred to CF. I've just received an annual report which I never got from Mel. I also notice there is an increase in PtoP is that normal ?

Has anyone who is self employed had their review yet and can tell me what this is for and do I need to do anything. It is time for my review but no I & E sent.
#confused

Thanks for any help guys #128553;
Stepbystep

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 pm
The annual report normally follows the review. However CF seem to be taking an inventive approach to reviews ( maybe due to the numbers they have to complete without the staff to do it) and many seem to be being rubber stamped to hit the deadlines.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

stepbystep

Post by stepbystep » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:43 pm
So do you think that's it, I just carry on paying same amount ?
I did notice they have increased the pence in pound tho can they do this do you know ?
Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.
Stepbystep

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:59 pm
The pence in the pound can be increased by PPI being paid in or changes in the amount you have paid in ( extra payments will increase this). Even at review it is still only an anticipated figure and can still go up ( or down). Rarely do they use minimum dividend figures these days.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm
I'm in the same position.

I think they have been a little bit crafty and issued the report to meet their statutory obligation but still half expect them to follow up with an I&E review at some stage.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

stepbystep

Post by stepbystep » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm
Thanks Foggy, as always so helpful.

Lifenoteasy... I rang them and spoke to the rudest person I've ever spoken to in my life!!! Not that I took it from him but there was no need for it. I'm done in 12 month so if they write for an I&E that's fine if they don't it's there fault. I'm just so glad I have only one year left and not at the start of my IVA journey.
As much as I am cross with Mel for selling us all down the river she was damn good at her job & very efficient...... Oh well roll on March 2016 #128518;
Stepbystep

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:21 pm
Any particular reason why they were rude or was it just bad luck that you ended up speaking to that person?
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

stepbystep

Post by stepbystep » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:54 am
The only reason I can give is that he misunderstood my reason for calling but became very disrespectful and abrupt, I was querying the amounts on the report and he made it quite clear he wasn't going to listen to me from the beginning. I won't let it drop though and will pursue his rudeness. they tell you every minute you are being recorded so I will be curious to see what Gareth Pointen the Director thinks of his staff and their inability to sort accounts out correctly & not in the favour of the IVAer especially when she is telling them why, how & when! It went wrong. I suppose I should leave it really as it is in my favour but I won't allow anyone to speak to me like
he did, I feel bad enough about only paying my creditors 26p in the £ never mind taking further monies that I know are incorrect.
RANT OVER.... thanks for reading :)
Stepbystep

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:49 am
I would make a written complaint to your IP firm about the attitude - it's outrageous!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

stepbystep

Post by stepbystep » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 am
Hi Lisa I actually rang back as I'd forgotten to ask something and told them I didn't want to speak to him, they said to me he is very good at his Job and would sort it out but "he is a bit rough round the edges" that was coming from a colleague..! Roll on completion as very unprofessional company. No comparison to Mel and her team but I would never recommend Mel either after transferring us over to them #128553;
Stepbystep

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:47 am
As you say - roll on completion! One day this will be a distant memory for you - IVA - What IVA?!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”