Paid one month only of IVA December 2007. How do I get details removed from register ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Davidds3

Post by Davidds3 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:51 am
I entered into an ill-advised IVA on 17 Dec 2007, for a period of 7 yrs at £400 per month. I couldn't afford it. I paid 1 month (£400) then did not pay again. I had to move out of my rented house due to arrears, I have never had contact with my IVA practitioners since the IVA was set up (Dec 2007). I have never received any correspondence and I have lived abroad for the last 3.5yrs. It is 7yrs 4months since the start of my failed IVA. I just checked the IVA register online and it is still showing as current. Obviously the 6 year rule has come into effect as far as creditor contact is concerned, but how do I get the details removed from the register, and what, if anything, is likely to happen now? Thank you in advance.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 pm
You need to check and see why you are on the register and whether it is to do with the IVA. It is possible that you were made bankrupt and your discharge suspended as there would have been no contact with you. If it does just relate to the IVA you need to provide evidence that the IVA was failed.

The six years does not apply if creditors have been trying to contact you but they were unable to do so because you were abroad although many do stop chasing after this time.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”