Hi I just want know if you can move your IVA into another company ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Charanjit

Post by Charanjit » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 pm
Hi
I just want know if you can move your iva into another company?
I have been told that you cannot upgrade your phone and cannot get internet at home, I have been using the internet café all the time and that cost's.
My wife has changed her job and the company were saying did she get made redundant? why is she moving jobs?
the company has said if your wife does not give her pay slip or does not want to get involved then your iva will be 50% or even fail.
need some advice.
thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:54 pm
No, you cannot move to another company. As for the wife changing jobs, just tell them, no, she was not made redundant and, in any event, it is not her IVA and no concern of theirs.

They want to see her pay slip to calculate your fair share of household expenses -- without this they will assume you pay half of the expenses. They cannot fail the IVA if she does not want to co-operate, as long as you continue to make the agreed payments.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 pm
Point by point.

you can upgrade your phone. I did several times.

we had internet at home and sky tv

if your partner doesn't disclose their income, bills will be split 50.50. This is fine if she earns more but will cost if she earns less

failure to comply can lead to failure. Depends what they are asking for I guess

Hope this helps.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:00 pm
Charanjit. All of these queries have been answered in your other posts asking the same questions -- I am afraid that the answers will not change.

The firm handling your IVA do not appear to be very knowledgable, or the person you are dealing with is just plain awkward and unhelpful. Maybe a complaint will help.

Who are you with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:35 am
So long as the expenditure is not excessive then all of what you identified is allowable.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”