Will my husbands IVA, completed 2010, go against us on the 'help to buy' scheme ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Vickydd25

Post by Vickydd25 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm
Hello

I hope you can advise me?
We are looking to purchase a home on the help to buy scheme (which we have approval for, as have found a house).

My husband had an iva in 2006, it completed in 2010. So in essence it is now nearly 9 years old.

We have declared this on the documents to obtain an aip for a mortgage with Nationwide. We have the new builds broker working for us.

Will the iva still go against us? I am worried sick.
My husband’s credit report with Experian last year was ‘good’ and no sign of the iva.
We just did a scoring with Equifax and he also came out as ‘good’.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Surely our broker wouldn’t even try to get us an aip if he thought it would not be a good outcome?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:10 pm
Different lenders have different views as to past IVA's, the relationship between the builder / broker and lender can also be key.

I would suggest getting a copy of your husbands credit report from all three agencies to make sure all reference to the IVA has gone, checking for Notices of Correction, too.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:14 pm
I believe that Nationwide can be supportive of ex IVAers so hopefully all will go through.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”