Creditfix say they can't call a creditors meeting before a mass variation with PJG creditors.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Justindw38

Post by Justindw38 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 pm
Hi. I have just entered year 4 of my IVA. Unfortunately it was passed over to Creditfix at the end of last year. I have submitted a request for a variation to terminate early by injection of a 3rd party lump sum - according to terms and conditions they should call a creditors meeting within 21 days - it is now almost 1.5 months since I sent the variation. IN the meantime Creditfix have sent a variation including an increased fee and something to do with PPI and they are saying they cannot call a creditors meeting until they have held a Mass Variation Meeting with PJG creditors. Apparently this meeting was adjourned but I dont know what this means. I did not agree to these new terms as my intention was to terminate my agreement early. Any advice please? I just want to end my IVA now and I'm getting increasingly frustrated by lack of progress since almost 2 months have passed and my original offer is now out of date since i have now paid another 2 monthly payments.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 pm
The Mass Variation is nothing to do with your IVA and should not impinge on it. You are entitled to call a variation and CF are bound to present it.

Have they drafted your variation yet ? If not amend it to read that the amount offered will decrease by every payment made in the meantime.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 pm
CF have pushed through a lot of F&F offers and this has been one of their success stories.

Continue to push.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 am
Greg Balfour is pretty efficient. He might help you

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:54 pm
I'm confused. I thought the creditors had said "no" to Creditfix re fees. So are CF trying for another go at a meeting?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:34 pm
I am also confused as I have not heard whether they received the increased fees. I know other firms [including us!] would be very annoyed to find that a competitor is effectively being subsidised by creditors and thereby risking the future of the smaller independent companies.

There has been speculation that this is the long term aim but I would not be that cynical.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:33 pm
I would imagine the MVMs would be in tranches, and they are continuing in case a few get approved.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:50 pm
Plus its not just PJG - there are at least 2 other companies they took on.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”