Being stupid!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:05 pm
Firstly - I know I'm probably being stupid/paranoid/pathetic but I am worrying myself sick!
Short version - 6 year iva, paid month 72 start April, sent off documentation re house valuation etc over 5 months ago and heard nothing at all.
Emailed formally on Sunday based on advice given in another post and have confirmation they received my email.
Given content of email fully expected to get an almost immediate response but heard nothing.
Here comes the paranoia!
What could they be up to??? Are they thinking up horrible things, going to force me into something nasty, what are they doing???
I am having sleepless nights, when I do sleep, I wake up every few minutes panicking and it is every bit as bad now as it was all those months ago waiting for approval!
I quite simply do not know what to do. If this goes on much longer I don't think I can cope, my old friend depression is already waiting to pounce and I'm thinking the last 6 years has been wasted. What if they're petitioning for my bankruptcy? (why they would I don't know as everything asked for has been done but that's the paranoia for you and just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!)
Really really panicking and feel totally unable to do anything.

Sorry for moaning
May 2015 - Completed!!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm
I imagine that the minion that picked up the email wants a true answer to send you and not just to compose a standard reply. Try not to worry.

mole

Post by mole » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:11 pm
Hi Pap, equity release is probably the second most stressful part of the IVA (after the initial acceptance), it is usually straightforward and should be dealt with quickly. As long have you have provided the required documentation (redemption statements and valuations) it should be able to get clarification in mins. I emailed the documentation at lunchtime, rang my case worker and got email confirmation of the decision the same day.
Who are you with, you need to get on the phone, get them to confirm you have provided the necessary information and when they will provide a decision, the fact that you should already be paying the extra year now (if appropriate) makes yours a priority case.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:16 pm
I think relieved has probably hit it on the head ( the nail, not the minion!). Some firms are notoriously slow at the best of times.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Pap

Post by Pap » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm
Sent everything in November, have chased many times, told it would be passed to closure team. There is now no time me and hubby are at home at the same time until middle of may so if we need to try to remortgage we can't do it. It's just the not knowing and getting no information from them at all. With Creditfix..... Just worrying all the time, it's making me ill.
May 2015 - Completed!!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:37 pm
Hi

Customer service and IVA closures don't seem to go together at the moment

It is easy to worry and expect all sorts but the reality is that many of the major companies are dealing with far too many IVAs V staff employed to deal with questions/queries

Hang in there and I am sure a positive response will follow

Regards
Andam Davies

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:58 pm
Try and relax, don't make youself poorly although I do realise it's easy for me to say! Hang in there it will end. If I were you I'd keep pestering them until they were fed up with me and out of frustration they gave me the answer.

Not a good example of customer care I do agree
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:18 am
Hi Pap - Send them a written request asking for a written explanation as to the holdup and what the current position is and estimated timescales are. Mention that if you do not receive a satisfactory resonse within, say 7 days, you will be making a formal complaint against your IP. I expect it's just the case of slow management rather than anything for you to be concerned about. You will get there in the end! Good luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”