Cannot afford increase. Surely McCambridge Dufy can't base my payments on working OT?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

AJ33

Post by AJ33 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 pm
Hi, I am after a bit of advice please...
IVA payments originally set to £360 p/m, just completed year 2. Have worked some OT and always paid the relevant amount (10% then 50/50), just had my annual review letter through and payments are about to go up to £530!!!
Surely they cannot base my payments on working OT?? If I earn extra I am more than happy to pay accordingly, but I simply cannot afford the increase. IVA is with McCambridge Duffy.
HELP!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 pm
Hi. This sounds like an error, unless your regular income has shot through the roof. Drop Michael Peoples a line, he represents McCD on the forum and has been of great assistance when there are any problems with any McCD clients ( as well as a great source of advice and support to all of us non-clients).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 pm
Hi

I agree with you, payments should be based on basic pay unless overtime is guaranteed

Will be interested to read Michael Peoples comments on this point

Regards
Andam Davies

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 pm
I did overtime during iva and had a letter from employers saying it wasn't permanent so never affected my iva. If it still shows on payslip as additional hours, I am sure this is an oversight.

achus007

Post by achus007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:54 am
Harrington Brooks doing the same to me. They are not calculating the payment in the basis of Basic salary . No wonder Michael peoples is supporting Harrington Brooks in my thread.
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=2

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:16 am
By all means contact me directly and I will look into this for you. However we do not usually increase payments because of overtime as this is a separate issue. If you have received a payrise then this money would be factored in for any increase so did you get an uplift in wages.

The only other thing that may have happened but I am guessing is that the payments were amended for your benefit. If you were doing overtime and paying a lot monthly then any increase in base pay increases the the figure you can earn before the 10% 50/50 rule kicks in. But as I say I am only guessing as I do not personally know your case.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

achus007

Post by achus007 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 am
Thanks Michael, for sorting AJ33. I am expecting same kind of fair reply from Harrington Brooks. Thanks
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”